In the lead up to the assessment period The Sir Duncan Rice Library will be extending its opening hours to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are just a few days until this goes into effect, and we want to let you know just now so that you can properly plan your revision.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library will open at 11.00 on Sunday November 21 and stay open continuously until 22.00 on Friday December 17, 2021.
Please note that your ID card is still required for access to the building – please ensure you have your ID card as access after 22.00 will not be permitted without it.
Over this period, it is important that you are aware of the following:
- The PCs require a nightly shutdown (lasting about ten minutes) and reboot for essential maintenance. This will happen at 04.00, and you will be given an option to delay this for 2 hours.
- Essential cleaning of the building will be carried out overnight between 02.00 and 06.00, which may result in some disruption.
- Look after yourselves and your belongings – take breaks, but do not leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Take care if leaving the Library in the early hours – travel with friends if possible.
Please respect the building and your fellow library users:
- Properly fitted face coverings are a legal requirement and must be worn while seated in the building. Please wear a sunflower lanyard if you are exempt.
- No food is allowed in the building except for in the café area.
- Bottled water only in the Library.
- Tidy up after yourself – use the sanitary wipes and bins which are available on each of the floors.
- Keep talk to the group study areas to allow others to study.
Please report any problems to security staff on duty – in person (Information Centre,
Floor 1, TSDRL) or by phone (01224 273330).
Please remember to check out the opening hours for our other two Library sites, as Taylor and Medical will not be open 24/7 during these dates.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.