To maximise social distancing and slow the spread of coronavirus COVID-19, Taylor Library and Medical Library closed at 5 pm on Tuesday 17th March until further notice.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library (TSDRL) will remain open until 5 pm on Friday 20th March, and will close at 8pm on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th March. The Hardback Café and Library Gallery have now closed.
For all libraries:
- Any borrowed items will automatically be renewed until further notice. Loans will not become overdue and no fines will accrue
- The option to request items that are currently on loan has been removed from Primo. Items can be retrieved from closed access stores until 5pm on Friday 20th March by contacting email@example.com
- Book order requests – we strongly recommend choosing items in electronic format to maximise availability for students who are now working at a distance
- We are unable to process new Inter-Library Loan requests as many university libraries are no longer supporting this service while they prepare their COVID-19 contingency plans.
The Library web pages will be regularly updated with FAQs. Library staff will be monitoring email accounts and will be available to answer any general enquiries during office hours. Please get in touch, and we will do our best to help – contact details below.
- The Sir Duncan Rice Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Library: email@example.com
- Medical Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
For subject-related and search enquiries please contact the Information Consultant for your discipline: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/library/support/contacts-106.php#panel162