Library and IT induction sessions for new PhD students and members of University staff are now available for booking on the University’s course booking system. Held in The Sir Duncan Rice Library, these small group sessions are designed for academic staff and research postgraduate students new to the University of Aberdeen and provide a general introduction to The Sir Duncan Rice Library (TSDRL) on the Old Aberdeen campus and Digital Research services.
There are three sessions on offer before the Christmas holidays but more will run monthly until June.
- Tuesday 19 November: 10:00 – 11:30
- Tuesday 26 November: 10:00 – 11:30
- Thursday 12 December: 14:00 – 15:30
During the introduction we will cover:
- How to get the best from our data storage, data management planning, high-performance computing (HPC) survey and collaboration tools
- How the Library works, e.g. borrowing and requesting materials
- Primo, the gateway to all the library resources here at UoA
- Specialised academic databases suitable for your research
- What library staff can do to support you in your research
This informal induction and tour provide an opportunity to meet with the Library’s Information Consultants and members of staff from Digital Research – ask any questions you may have about computing services or access to suitable library materials. For more detailed information on literature searching, book onto separate 2-hour workshops which run at key points through the year (normally November, February, April and June).
We look forward to meeting with any new PhD students or staff, to help you get the best out of our extensive resources while you carry out your research.
For more information visit: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking/