We believe that you should be spending the majority of your time reading materials and not looking for them, so we have a range of workshops to help you learn how to get your hands on the best books, articles, reports and other information in the shortest time possible.
These are our Find it Fast! workshops, and they will be running between October 16 and November 8 to help all undergraduate and taught postgraduate students navigate the library landscape, which can at times seem filled with so much choice.
They are held over lunch time in The Sir Duncan Rice Library and are a great introduction to the resources we provide, and the ways in which you can make best use of them. They cover:
- Using Primo, our online resource discovery tool for locating physical and electronic resources.
- How to search for the hundreds of thousands of electronic books which we have access to.
- Using Google cleverly to get you to the information you need more quickly.
- Using the many online databases which we subscribe to. They contain important resources which you just cannot find by searching in Google!
- How to manage your references correctly when writing assignments to ensure that you do not fall into the trap of plagiarism.
Invest one hour of your time over lunch to learn tips and techniques that will repay you with time saved when searching for the materials you need for assignments and exams.
To find out more and to view the full list of Find it Fast! workshops on offer please go to www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking and search for Library Information Skills courses.