The Library is here to help all postgraduate researchers as they begin, or continue their in-depth research with a short series of Information Skills workshops designed to their needs. With so much academic literature available through the University of Aberdeen, these workshops will give you the confidence and skills to locate and manage the materials you need.
The workshops will take place in the middle of June 2018 and will help you understand the resources available to you as researchers here at the University of Aberdeen, and how to get the best out of them.
There are three workshops on offer, each lasting two hours:
- Literature searching – Part 1: Getting started
- Literature searching – Part 2: Using databases
- Literature searching – Part 3: Managing your references using RefWorks*
Across the three workshops we will look at:
- Planning your search
- Looking for books: using Primo and E-books
- Databases of academic literature
- Getting the best out of Google
- Managing your references with RefWorks
- Formatting Word documents with in-text citations and bibliographies
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The workshop focusing on the management of references
(Part 3) is not suitable for research postgraduates in the School of Law, as the software used does not support the OSCOLA referencing style required for legal theses.
To find out more, and to book onto the different workshops please visit www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking and look for Library Information Skills classes.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshops!