Beginning this week, the induction session is designed for Research Postgraduates new to the University of Aberdeen and provides a general introduction to:
- IT services in support of your research activities
- How to stay safe and avoid some of the pitfalls of data storage
- How the library works e.g. borrowing and requesting materials
- Primo, the gateway to all the library resources here at UoA
- Specialised academic databases suitable for your research
- What library and IT staff can do to support you in your research.
This informal induction provides an opportunity to meet with the Library’s subject Information Consultants and to ask any questions you may have about access to suitable library materials.
A short tour of The Sir Duncan Rice Library will be available after the presentation/questions for those interested in finding out more about the practical side of the library service.
To book a place on this useful session please visit www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking and look for Library Information Skills.
For more detailed information on literature searching book onto our separate programme 2-hour workshops which run at key points through the year. (The next offering is Tue/Wed/Thu for three weeks starting Tue 31 October. Part 1 in the first week, Part 2 in the second and Part 3 in the third week). These can also be booked via the coursebooking website.
After this induction we hope you will feel more confident about how the library operates and how we can support your research.