The OnePetro database now has a new look. This important resource, which provides full-text technical documents, conference papers and journal articles related to oil and gas exploration and production, now has a cleaner look and increased functionality.
- The database continues to be available from www.onepetro.org
- There is now an option to create a personal account called My OnePetro. This is a similar feature to that available in databases such as Scopus and Web of Science. It allows you to save searches and set alerts
- Mobile Friendly Viewing – with their new platform design, OnePetro has a more intuitive approach for varying mobile device screen sizes
- Google™ Translate is also available – you can select one of 80 languages from the drop-down Google™ Translate menu found in the bottom right hand corner of OnePetro and instantly have a machine generated translation of the webpage
- OnePetro is authenticated using IP address. If you are on-campus then you are automatically recognised. If you are off-campus you must set the proxy on a browser. If you forget to do this you will get into the OnePetro site but will be prompted to pay to view individual conference papers and journal articles. (Don’t pay – set the proxy!). Information on proxy setting is available for University of Aberdeen students and staff at www.abdn.ac.uk/proxy and www.abdn.ac.uk/library/documents/guides/dbs/qgdbs005.pdf
Susan McCourt, firstname.lastname@example.org