Are you struggling to find the materials listed on your course reading? Having difficulty finding that book or journal article that will help turn your average assignment into a great one? Wondering where to even begin when navigating the thousands of resources available through the university’s library service?
Well, the library will be running a series of workshops throughout November to help you. So, stop struggling and smarten your searching by coming along to one of our Find it Fast Library Information Skills Workshops. Our selection of one hour workshops, held at lunchtimes, can teach you how to:
- Use Primo, your online gateway to the library’s resources.
- Access our collections of thousands of ebooks.
- Keep track of your references and create perfect bibliographies for your assignments by using reference management software.
- Find scholarly journals and other quality resources through our many online databases.
- Unlock the full potential of Google and other search engines.
These workshops are perfect for undergraduates and taught postgraduates across all Colleges. Invest one hour of your time over lunch to learn tips and techniques that will repay you with time saved when searching for the materials you need for assignments and exams.
Please note that the ‘Managing References and Creating Bibliographies’ workshops are offered in two parts so you must complete part 1 before attending part 2. Unfortunately, these referencing workshops are not suitable for Law students as the software taught does not support the legal referencing style, OSCOLA. And, because we offer repeats of most of the workshops please be sure to only sign up for one of each of them.
To find out more and to view the full list of information skills workshops on offer throughout November please go to:
Places are limited, and fill up quickly, so sign up now before it’s too late.
We look forward to seeing you soon,