Ebrary’s free app for the iPad® and iPhone® is now available from the App Store®. You will be able to access the database – both online and offline, as well use an option to import your own PDF documents – outside the ebrary platform – through the app itself.
We use Shibboleth to login to ebrary, so you need to use the Facebook sign in feature to open the app on your mobile device. All you need to do is link up your personal ebrary account to your Facebook account, then you can use the ebrary mobile app by signing in with your Facebook login.
This is what you need to do to set up your Facebook login link:
- Go to your ebrary site and sign in to your ebrary account as usual
- Once signed in, open the My Settings link at the top-right of the ebrary screen
- Under Link your account to Facebook click Log In
- If you have a Facebook account, enter your Facebook username and password and click Log In
- If you don’t have a Facebook account, click Sign up for Facebook at the lower left
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to your Facebook account, you’ll be ready to use ebrary’s mobile app