Did you know that you can determine whether your document will be printed double or single-sided? Printers are set to print double-sided but this can be changed before you send your document to print. No changes can be made once it has been sent to the printer. Read our post and find out how!
When you are ready to print:
- Open your document and click on the FILE tab at the top left hand side of the screen
- Choose Print. This will bring up the printing menu
- Make sure to choose BW-pull-pcl on class–print.uoa.abdn.ac.uk, or COLOUR-pull-pcl on class -print.uoa.abdn.ac.uk
- In Settings, click the drop down arrow in Print on Both Sides to get the option: Print One Sided. Choose the desired option and then send off your work to print by clicking on the large ‘Print’ icon
You also have options for defining the size, orientation and margins of your document, as well as the number of pages per sheet.
If you are working on a network computer, BW or COLOUR-pull will be the default printer destination.
If you are viewing a book in an e-book collection and wish to print a chapter from it, click on View PDF to open the file and once the document has downloaded, click on the printer icon at the top right of the screen. Depending on the browser, you will see an options window like the one below:
Set your printing preferences by clicking the down arrow in the More settings menu.
- Please note that we have different copyright permissions with different publishers regarding printing and downloading
- For information on how to set up your laptop to the wireless printing network, click here
Eleni Borompoka, firstname.lastname@example.org