In the lead up to the fast-approaching exam period, The Sir Duncan Rice Library will be extending its opening hours to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are only a few days until this goes into effect, and we want to let you know just now so that you can properly plan your revision.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library will open at 11.00 on Sunday 20 November and stay open continuously until 22.00 on Friday 16 December, 2022.
Over this period, it is important that you are aware of the following:
- Swipe access only after 22.00 – please ensure you have your ID card as access after 22.00 will not be permitted without it.
- The PCs require a nightly shutdown (lasting about ten minutes) and reboot for essential maintenance. You will be given an option to delay this for two hours.
- Essential cleaning of the building will be carried out overnight between 02.00 and 06.00, which may result in some disruption.
- Look after yourselves and your belongings – take breaks, but do not leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Take care if leaving the Library in the early hours – travel with friends if possible.
Please respect the building and your fellow library users:
- Hot and cold drinks in covered containers can be consumed in the library.
- Hot food is only allowed in the café area on the ground floor.
- Only cold food can be consumed on the upper floors – please no noisy food or food with a strong smell.
- Tidy up after yourself – use the bins and sanitary wipes which are available on each of the floors.
- Keep talk to the group study areas to allow others to study.
Please report any problems to security staff on duty – in person (Information Centre,
Floor 1, TSDRL) or by phone (01224 273330).
Please remember to check the opening hours for our other two Library sites, as Taylor and Medical will not be open 24/7 during these dates.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, contact us at email@example.com.
A reminder that Floor 5 in the Sir Duncan Rice Library will operate as a “silent” floor between Monday 21 November and Friday 16 December. For more information please see our previous blog post.