To maximise social distancing and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), Taylor Library and Medical Library closed at 17:00 on Tuesday 17th March until further notice.
The Sir Duncan Rice Library (TSDRL) will remain open until 17:00 on Friday 20th March and will close at 20:00 on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th March. The Hardback Café and Library Gallery have now closed.
Wolfson Reading Room – as of Tuesday 17th March, physical access to the Wolfson Reading Room has been suspended. Service updates will be provided via our webpages https://www.abdn.ac.uk/special-collections/
For all libraries:
- Any borrowed items will automatically be renewed until further notice. Loans will not become overdue and no fines will accrue.
- If you require additional loans while the Library is closed we will be happy to extend loan allowances by up to 10 items – please bring items to the Information Centre for issuing in advance of Friday 20th March at 16:45.
- The option to request items that are currently on loan has been removed from Primo.
- Items can be retrieved from Taylor Library and closed access stores until 15:00 on Friday 20th March by contacting email@example.com
- Book order requests – we strongly recommend choosing items in electronic format to maximise availability for students who are now working at a distance
- We are unable to process new Inter-Library Loan requests as many university libraries are no longer supporting this service while they prepare their COVID-19 contingency plans.
The Library web pages will be regularly updated with FAQs. Library staff will be monitoring email accounts and will be available to answer any general enquiries during office hours.
Please get in touch, and we will do our best to help – contact details below.
- The Sir Duncan Rice Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylor Library: email@example.com
- Medical Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Collections Centre – Wolfson Reading Room – email@example.com
- Gallery – firstname.lastname@example.org
For subject-related and search enquiries please contact the Information Consultant for your discipline: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/library/support/contacts-106.php#panel162