Library induction sessions for new PhD students are now available for booking on the University’s course booking system. Held in The Sir Duncan Rice Library, these sessions introduce how to get the best out of the Library here at the University of Aberdeen and are highly recommended for those postgraduate researchers who are new to the institution.
There will be three opportunities to attend one of these sessions over the next three months, with the first taking place next Wednesday, October 26. The dates and times for al three sessions are:
- October 26: 10.00 – 11.00
- November 1: 10.00 – 11.00
- December 14: 10.00 – 11.00
During the hour-long introduction to the Library service we will cover:
- The basics of how to search our catalogue, Primo
- How to borrow and return items in our libraries
- How to locate high-quality online scholarly materials
- How the Library can help you as you progress with your research
- Tour of The Sir Duncan Library
As every university is different in how they operate their library service it has proved useful to new arrivals to attend these sessions, to learn exactly how we do things here at the University of Aberdeen.
These induction sessions complement more detailed Library Information Skills Workshops which we offer to PhD students. The next series of these are to take place next month, in November. Click here for further details on these workshops.
We look forward to meeting with any new PhD students, to help you get the best out of our extensive resources while you carry out your research.