Now that teaching has begun again it may be time to turn your attention to finding the books and other materials that you need to study. Well, to help you find the materials you need, the Library service are running a series of free information skills workshops this term.
We call these our Find it Fast! Sessions and they begin next week, taking place between 27 January and 12 February 2015.
The Find it Fast! sessions are held over lunch time in The Sir Duncan Rice Library and are a great introduction to the services we provide and the best ways in which you can make use of them. We cover:
- Using Primo, our online resource discovery tool for locating physical and electronic resources
- How to access the hundreds of thousands of electronic books which we have access to
- Using the many online databases which we subscribe to. They contain important resources which you just cannot find by searching in Google!
- How to manage your references when writing assignments to ensure that you do not fall into the trap of plagiarism.
- Using Google cleverly to get you to the information you need more quickly
These workshops are perfect for undergraduates and taught postgraduates across all Colleges. Invest one hour of your time over lunch to learn tips and techniques that will repay you with time saved when searching for the materials you need for assignments and exams.
- The ‘Managing References and Creating Bibliographies’ workshops are offered in two parts so you must complete part 1 before attending part 2.
- Unfortunately, these referencing workshops are not suitable for Law students as the software taught does not support the legal referencing style, OSCOLA.
- And, because we offer repeats of most of the workshops please be sure to only sign up for one of each of them.
To find out more and to view the full list of information skills workshops on offer please go to www.abdn.ac.uk/coursebooking
Places are limited, and fill up quickly , so sign up now before it’s too late.
Ewan Grant, email@example.com